David S. Landry is a partner with the firm. Mr. Landry is experienced in commercial litigation, oil and gas matters, environmental litigation, bank litigation and financings, business entity formation, contract negotiations, business transactions, successions and estate planning. Mr. Landry is also experienced in enforcement of creditors’ rights, liens and privileges, collections, foreclosure, lender liability claims, and indemnity disputes.
Mr. Landry has practiced law for over seventeen years. Prior to joining the legal profession, he worked for Whitney National Bank for over ten years where he was responsible for real estate lending, commercial lending, consumer lending and regulatory compliance.
Loyola University New Orleans, (B.B.A., Finance, summa cum laude, 1988)
Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, (J.D., Loyola Moot Court, 1998)
• Louisiana Association of Business and Industry
• Louisiana Bankers Association - Bank Counsel Section
• South Central Industrial Association
• St. Mary Industrial Group
• Harvey Canal Industrial Association
• Professional Landmens Association of New Orleans
• Houma-Terrebonne Chamber of Commerce
• St. Tammany West Chamber of Commerce
• Houston Producers Forum
• Ark-La-Tex Association of Professional Landmen
• Houston Association of Professional Landmen
• Dallas Association of Petroleum Landmen
• American Bar Association
• Louisiana State Bar Association
All Louisiana state and Federal courts
Mr. Landry has lectured often at seminars on business entity formation and estate planning. Some of the recent topics have included the following:
• Choice of Business Entity.
• Legal Aspects of Louisiana Estate Planning and Probate.
• Fundamentals of Real Estate Development-The End Game, Presented through Sterling Education Service, Inc.
• Intracoastal Waterway Watershed based Inspection Project: What to Expect and How to Prepare for an Inspection by LDEQ.
• Legacy Lawsuits.
• Post-Macondo Gulf of Mexico and Shale Gas: Challenges and Opportunities, Moderator, Presented through the American Bar Association.
• Inadvertent Disclosure and Maintenance of Confidentiality: Ethical Considerations for the Landman and the Lawyer, Presented at the Professional Landmens Association of New Orleans.
•Representation of financial institutions and lenders.
•Representation of both plaintiffs and defendants in claims involving commercial transactions.
•Representation of both plaintiffs and defendants in claims involving breach of contract.
•Representation of businesses in corporate/company formations, acquisitions, litigation, and debt collection.
•Representation of clients in the negotiation and drafting of various contracts.
•Representation of companies in lawsuits involving contractual indemnity and other general contractual disputes.
•Representation of companies in insurance coverage disputes.
•Representation of companies involving matters of Louisiana State Mineral and Energy Board, Department of Natural Resources (LDNR), Office of Conservation, Department of Environmental Quality (LDEQ) and related state agencies.
•Representation of oil and gas companies in “legacy” oilfield site lawsuits alleging environmental contamination from exploration and production activities and seeking billions of dollars in damages.
•Representation of oil and gas companies in contractual disputes with co-working interest owners.
•Reviewing and negotiating Master Service Agreements and other maritime and oilfield services contracts, with particular emphasis on insurance and indemnity provisions.