Brian W. Hoffman is a partner with the firm, practicing in the firm’s Pensacola office. Mr. Hoffman is Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Real Estate. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration majoring in Finance with high honors from the University of Florida in 2000, and received his Juris Doctor with honors from the University of Mississippi in 2002. His practice focuses on commercial litigation, real estate litigation, real estate transactions, estate planning and probate, debt enforcement actions, and general business and corporate law.
Mr. Hoffman currently serves as a member of the Executive Council of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar. In addition Mr. Hoffman serves as Vice-Chair of the Title Issues and Standards Committee as well as Vice-Chair of the Title Insurance and Title Insurance Liaison Committee for the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar.
Recognition and Honors:
• Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Real Estate Law
• Florida Trend Magazine “Legal Elite: Up and Comer” – 2010
• Florida Super Lawyers “Rising Star” – 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
• 2014-2015 Rising Star Award presented by the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar
• Fellow with the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar for 2012-2014
• University of Florida, B.S. Business Administration majoring in Finance, 2000, magna cum laude
• University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 2002, cum laude
• Florida Bar; Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar (Member, 2003-Present; Executive Council 2014 - Present)
• Business Litigation Section of the Florida Bar (Member, 2003-Present)
• Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association (Member, 2003-Present)
• Seville Rotary Club, (Member, 2012-Present)
• Young Lawyers Division of Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association (Member, 2003-2014; Board of Directors, 2004-2008; President, 2008)
• Leadership Pensacola, Class of 2008
• American Inns of Court (Member, 2004-2006)
• Five Flags Sertoma Club (Member, 2004-2011)
• Pensacola Catholic High School, Mock Trial Coach, 2004-2006, District Champions 2005, Florida Law Related Education Association, Inc. Mock Trial Competition.
• All Florida state courts
• U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
• U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
• United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
• Associate Editor for the Mississippi Law Journal
• Recipient of the Dean Robert J. Farley Award
• Outstanding Student Award for Secured Transactions
• Speaker, FAR/Bar Contract/Closing Procedures, Florida Bar Real Estate Certification Review Course: 2015 and 2016.
• Speaker, Homestead, Florida Bar Real Estate Certification Review Course: 2016.
• Florida’s Original Real Estate Law Hornbook – The Uniform Title Standards, ActionLine, Vol. XXXVI, No.4, Summer 2015
• Real Estate Case Summaries, ActionLine, Vol. XXXIV, No.1, Fall 2012; Vol. XXV, No.1, Fall 2013; Vol. XXXIV, No. 3, Spring 2013.