Mr. Scullin is a partner in the firm, and strives to provide his clients with practical and cost-efficient resolutions to their complicated legal issues. His practice is predominantly focused on real estate and financial transactions, commercial lending, and business organizations, including mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracts. Mr. Scullin also advises clients with respect to energy and oil and gas law, solar and renewable energy law, property law, estate planning, and succession law. Mr. Scullin represents individuals, companies, developers, and lenders on a wide range of commercial transactions throughout Louisiana, including:
- Buying, selling, developing, leasing, and financing of multi-family, commercial, industrial, and other real estate, such as hotels, office buildings, shopping centers, office and retail spaces, chemical plants, cell tower, billboard, and utility scale solar facilities;
- Assisting property owners and developers with land use matters, including zoning, planning, subdivision, and permitting with city, parish, and state officials;
- Purchase and sale of distressed commercial properties;
Financial and Commercial Transactions
- Acting as counsel for numerous local, regional, and national financial institutions on loan and re-finance closings ranging from $500,000 to $110 Million, including real estate loans, asset based lending, equipment finance, lines of credit, term and construction financings, participations, syndications;
- Reviewing and negotiating loan and security documents, including mortgages, security agreements, pledges, and guaranties, and analyzing collateral and related documentation for securitization;
- Issuing opinion letters for secured lending transaction;
- Contract review, negotiation, and drafting;
- Forming, reorganizing, merging, and dissolving corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and joint ventures;
- Drafting and negotiating operating agreements, partnership agreement, by-laws for multi-member limited liability companies, partnerships, and corporations;
- Buying and selling business (asset and equity sales);
- Advising clients on capital contributions and structuring of investment entities;
Mr. Scullin is a licensed title insurance producer in the State of Louisiana, and is authorized to write title policies for First American Title Insurance Company, Fidelity Title Insurance Company, and Stewart Title Insurance Company.
Mr. Scullin also advises clients on estate and end of life planning, including drafting wills, powers of attorney, living wills, trusts, and other end of life directives, and has handled numerous successions.